Here’s a FrameMaker thing that burns me once a year, usually a few hours before a release.
So, you’ve done this:
- Created a text inset file that begins with a Head1 paragraph style.
- Inserted that file as a reference in another file, at a point where the paragraph style was Body.
- Did a book update, and a blank Head1 was magically added right after the inset, causing a blank entry in the TOC. Didn’t notice this until after the book went to QA and they asked why this keeps happening.
- Went to the file with the reference, changed it back to Body, regenerated.
- Repeated step 4 for an hour or two and ended up throwing your computer out of a window.
Here’s how to get around it:
- Delete the reference in the file and start over.
- On the line where you add the inset, make that line consist of nothing but a single nonbreaking space (Ctrl-space).
- Move the cursor/insertion point to right BEFORE the nonbreaking space and do a File > Import to add the inset.